We need your help!
We are extremely pleased to announce that Gary Clark, the Group’s co-ordinator is one of 5 people shortlisted in Markel’s Insurance Britain’s Best Volunteer Award 2016.
Gary was shortlisted from hundreds of nominations by a panel of judges but now the winner is picked from the public and that’s why we need your support!
The public are being invited to vote by ranking each of the 5 finalists from 1st to 5th place and the link to vote can be found here:
Now a couple of points to note:
- You must rank all 5 otherwise your vote will not be counted
- They will only take one vote from a single IP address. So if you wish to ask others in your family to vote the best thing to do is:
- One use your home PC
- Another use a work PC as well (if possible)
- Use your phone (when not connected to your home Wi-Fi)
- Voting stops on 17:00 on 18th March, after which any votes cast will not be counted.
You will all know from the work we do the importance of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED’s) and how it can save lives. If Gary was successful in winning this competition it would mean a donation to our scheme so that we could purchase at least 1, possibly 2 more AED’s for the local community which would be tremendous news. It is Gary’s wish that if successful we place these within 2 of the local schools.
There is of course also the publicity that the scheme would receive which would enable us to promote the Heartstart course, and if you remember “simple skills can and do save lives”.
We do therefore hope that you will support Gary and therefore us and cast your vote as indicated above.
If anyone would like to know more, then of course please do not hesitate to ask.
And of course – PLEASE PASS THE REQUEST ON, as we need every vote we can get!.
The Heartstart Swallowfield Team